I Miss Wayne Dyer

I miss the guy. I do. Last night I decided to write to him and send some questions over to the other side to see if anything came to me. Most of the day I'd spent thinking about how messed up the world is right now. So, I asked him what he thought about it because I need some real hand holding about it from someone who I felt knew how to speak to these things. Immediately I remembered the story he used to tell about meeting the couples on the beach.

Wayne says he was walking on the beach and I'm not sure if he told this to be true or just in parable. He ran into a couple who said they were thinking of moving there and asked how he liked it. He said, "how are things where you live?" They explain that the place is terrible and the people are terrible. Then he tells them, "I think you'll find the same thing here." He later runs into another couple inquiring about moving there and he asked them how things are where they live. They tell him it's beautiful and the people are beautiful and he tells them, "I think you'll find the same thing here." What Wayne is explaining with this story is that you will see the world as you are. If you are more positive you will have a more affirming view of the world and if you are negative you will probably be more pissed about the world.

After remembering this, I pulled up old video footage of him and watched a while. One of the first things he said was, "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." This goes hand and hand with the beach story. If the people on the beach wanted to find a place that seemed nicer then they first had to learn how to see nicely. It is like the saying, "Wherever you go, there you are." You cannot out run yourself. It will be the consistent thing in all situations you find yourself in. If everything always seems like shit, maybe you just feel like shit and bring that attitude into everything.

Thanks Wayne. You came through as always. If I want to see a better world it's on me. I can choose to only see the fearful side or I can see the side filled with love. I gotta start choosing better. Damn.

Popular Posts