note: there will be curse words

It has been a few days since I last posted. I decided to rest up from my that post. It was probably one of the most open, honest and satisfying  pieces I've written in a long time. That should surprise you a little because I kind of let it all hang out over here in this little piece of my world. It just felt so good to not pretty up a shitin' thing. That last post wrote itself. I just allowed myself to be guided. I couldn't spend a moment alone without it creating itself inside my mind, writing and editing itself until it became all that it wanted to be. It was one of the times I felt totally connected to intuition. I just followed where I was led. It felt so inspired that it kind of set me on a new path.

I no longer wish to balance my male and female energy so that I feel more feminine. I realize now that balancing my female and male energy doesn't have to work the way I thought. Nurturing energy isn't all about the sweetness of a mother's arms. Sometimes nurturing comes in the form of showing your children the right path by speaking the truth that sometimes stings. That kind of nurturing doesn't come from a place of needing to give and get love. It comes from a place of, I can endure that you may no longer feel love for me after this but I'm still happy if  I enhanced your life in any way. It's more like saying I love you but I want better for you and I can live with you not loving me as a result. This is real unconditional love. It says I love you no matter whether you love me. That is female energy at it's finest. It may not be all June Cleaver but it doesn't make it less feminine.

I want to say upfront, if you know me this will come as no surprise, that I think there are more good men in this world than bad. It's well known that I don't participate in male bashing because I don't think all men are the same. I have been privileged to know so many wonderful men that love without ego and are not afraid to just be who they are without fearing they won't be seen as masculine. These same men don't need to hear a battle cry from me to speak up when it's needed. With that all said, now this.

Today I just want to say to all the feminist in the world, I'm totally with you but one thing we don't need more of is female feminist. It has taken us a long way but always stops just shy of getting us heard on a universal level. What we need are male feminist. We need men saying, "you know what, I hear ya and I totally agree."

One thing you seldom see in this world is a man in the media saying, "why are women still not being treated equal?" It sometimes seems like women are still having to defend each other with very little contribution from the opposite sex. I want to see more men, who get the picture, rise up to proclaim it.

I know a lot of things have changed over the years and a lot of things have gotten better but there is still no real equality.

... The dot dot dot over there to the left of this sentence was a list I removed of the ways that women are still not treated equal. I realize that you don't need a list from me. You already know the list. I'll just say to those men who need to hear it, that women are not a place for you to prop your virility. We don't want to be propped up on and if you take away our choice to not be propped on, then you are taking away a much of what makes us who we are.

Man, don't you see the special seat you have at the table? Can you not see how awesome the melody that could be found in your voice if you lifted it to sing for those who have been waiting sooooo fuuuuuuckin' long. If you really think a man should be seen as strong, then pull yourself up and stand for those who've never had a seat at the table. That my friend is a mark of real strength. Anyone can say the things we've heard over and over again, the things we've become accustomed to. Step out on the limb and let your voice be heard to speak the words of equality for all.

MLK said in his I Have A Dream speech in 1963:

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

In 1963!! Fuck, that brings tears to my eyes. How is this still a struggle?

How is it possible that a man could say these words 52 years ago and there still be a need in the world to dream for equality? We women feel inequality everyday and I know that it cannot be compared to what African Americans have endured since their feet hit the soil of America but we still want for it. 

The white male in America has never had to want for equality. He has always had a seat at the high table and it is time he finally spoke for those who have not. What have you to lose if you reach down and pull someone up? Can you not see the beauty in this just as a vision in your mind's eye? Do it, man, just fuckin' do it. Some of us have been waiting for a very long time.

Okay, so never fear, I'm not turning this blog into a feminist platform. I know it's true that “What you resist, persists” (C.G. Jung). So, I'm choosing to live in the world like it's already filled with the equality I've asked for in this post. I'm not concentrating my energy in the shallow end of the pool where there's not enough water to float on my back and look to the beautiful sky. This post will only be here to serve as a wake up call to those who need it. If you don't need it, thank you for coming with me to the world I've chosen to be part of. There is always room for others here if you decide to come on over. I'll just say as the old song says, "Welcome to my world. Won't you come on in?"

Comments

Popular Posts