happy = healthy

Over the last 2 months I've been hard at planning our company picnic that is in part, a health fair. At some point I shifted my focus away from providing a health fair that would bring the general anticipated and towards how we stay healthy. So not s'much the old, "here's some stuff that you can do when you are sick, to let's do some stuff that will keep us from getting sick. I decided to make that shift away from what the other offices were doing with their health fair and just do our own thing, As soon as I decided to shift I think, in that same moment, I realized that the key to good health is just being happy. 

Think about this for a minute. Most sickness is stress related. If we are stressed then we are not happy and when we are happy we are usually not stressed. If this is the case, and it is, then wouldn't being happy be the prescription? After I did the math of this in my little mind I thought of all the things I've had at my fingertips that have taught exactly that. 

Numerous doctors have turned their backs on traditional ways to a more holistic approach that looks at your life to find answers as to why you are sick. Here are a couple:


You should visit their sites to get a little insight into their views on health. It will change the way you look at being well. 

Anita Moorjani had a near death experience and when she came back she had a new outlook on life and she knew why she she died and came back from illness that was impossible to recover from.  I think you'd find her story interesting. She is the best example of the mind making the body sick.


Here is a little more info regarding the effects of happiness on our health

Six Ways Happiness Is Good For Your Health
Does Being Happy Make You Healthy?
The Happiness-Health Connection
Learn Why Being Happy is Very Healthy For You

Okay that's 'bout it. Peace out.

Popular Posts