Hard Out Here

What in the actual world is happening? How has the world gotten so crazy? I think I have a few answers and if I can get back into my groove, I want to share them with you. Let's start here.

In the US they teach you to say the pledge in first grade. They drill into your head to stand, face the flag and say the pledge. They tell you that it is disrespectful to refuse any of it. There are actual times people have been sent to the office for refusing and without knowing what goes on in every school here, I'm sure children have probably been sent home for it. So, the blind allegiance starts before anyone even knows what the words they are saying mean. It is brainwashing you to never question authority.

We also get a lot of the Christian religion thrown at us at all turns. It's on the money, government buildings, road signs, our TVs and there's a church on every corner. I think before long they will start stacking them up. I am pretty sure if you didn't grow up in a religious household, then you knew someone that you trusted and loved that was a believer. 

It was an evil genius that knew to make it blasphemous to question. Imagine fearing your whole life that you might burn for eternity if you use your own mind. I can imagine it because I lived it before I got out of that and started seeking my own answers. Almost anyone who tells you they are who you should look to for answers is using you for their own gain. Heck, I hope you don't take my word for anything.  Seek for yourself, I'm only telling you what I've witnessed. This is not about intellect. I know some very smart people who do not ever question what they grew up in. Unless you educate yourself in some way, through schooling or real research (not the social media kind) then you still hold all these things sacred. How would you not? 

This is the problem we are dealing with now. With not being able to question authority, you learn to follow blindly anything you learned as a child. It kills my soul at how people will subscribe to the social norm like it was meant for them. They have no idea what is meant for them because they've been up to their eyeballs in the swamp their whole lives. 

Every social norm has us repeating the same phrases until they lose whatever meaning they ever had. Sorry for your loss, How's it going, Great to see you, I'm praying for you, Have a great day, and on and on. No one knows how to have real dialogue and it's not their fault. Your parents didn't know and neither did theirs. 

I am sure this is why we are all divided. We believe whatever the people most like us believe. What I would love to see is people recognizing that they do need to look outside there gate and see if what they think is true or if some confused people got us off track. When and if this happens I think we will see a new world where we can trust and care for each other. We are more alike than we aren’t.


Comments

Popular Posts