You Are Running Out of Time to Be You

 


Oh, you bright screen you take the words right out of me. I know what I want to say before I begin to type. I tap the mouse, I wake up the screen and then, poof, it’s gone. I'm going to try and defy you and pull the words out that I feel so strongly.

What I feel like I want to say are the things we think we can’t. For whatever reason we got the idea that our life is in the spaces between the words and not actually in the words. We got the message that we cannot say the thing, but the thing is what sets us free. If it didn’t need to be said, it would not be on the tip of our tongues and blasting in our souls like a meteor shower.

If I were dying at this minute and could say one last thing, I’d say to you, please stop. That’s it, please stop. Go no further with anything that you do because you think that is what you are required to do. Someone sold us on what life should look like and we think it applies to us. How could it apply to everyone? There should not be a dedicated diagram for how life should be. You know this deep down. That is why we are in pain. We keep going by the book someone else wrote. Real freedom is, that we get to write our own book. No one knows us, only you know you. That is why we must make our own way. Get quiet and go inside. Look at yourself through and through. You are so complex that a computer could not have written you. Everyone. Everyone. You are all complex. No wonder we cannot understand each other. You are living in the universe of you. No one else is there. No one knows exactly what you know inside. For so long you’ve followed the outside rules and you’ve tried to keep it tidy. Those rules are someone else’s rules, someone else’s book. Close your eyes and tell me what’s in your book that gives you peace but maybe doesn’t fit outside. Exactly who you are is the answer. It’s always been so.

Comments

Popular Posts