celebrate you


I am terrible at giving at times when it's just understood that you should. I never send flowers or cards for any reason. I never have. I sometimes feel plagued by this but not enough to change this attribute. I also do not want to call people when they've experienced the death of a loved one. If I think about the flowers, the cards or the calls I almost feel lost that I should do these things but cannot force myself to. It's like I totally run away at these times. It is definitely a place where I am weak.

Today I reminded myself that I do not have to be perfect. I do not have to be everything to everyone. Even though I'm terrible at giving in one way I am very giving in others. I have no attachment to money so it's easy for me to give that way. I continually put myself out there to try to aid others in finding happiness. I also put myself on the line to show others the way to equality. I have people tell me often that they wish they had the strength and courage to stand for others like I do. That's a big thing and I should feel good about it. So, today I'm reminding myself that though I may fail at a lot of things that might just not be my job but I also win at a lot of things that I find much more important and feel are my job.

Give yourself a break and celebrate your wins. It's too easy for us to kick ourselves for failure. This post will be my reminder. I hope it helps you as well.

Comments

  1. I am also terrible at cards, flowers and phone calls. I try to make up for it in other ways. I feel you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments reflect who you are. If you see something in me that you do not like, it’s your own shadow that you refuse to see. Work on that instead of working on me. Okay. If you’re nice then thank the rainbows and puppies out of you.

Popular Posts