it’s a big old goofy world

d5a83c1c2e5d11e2a3d822000a1f9be5_7

John Prine says it is and I believe him.

When you think about all of our rough edges rubbing up against each other all the time, it’s a thousand wonders we aren’t all laying in the corner bleeding to death. Lucky for us we’ve got a few smooth edges too and maybe they tend to see the light of day more often. I don’t know. I’m just spit balling.

Something I’ve been firsthand witness to lately is dealing with the rest of the world while I’m trying to polish up my rough edges. You can change yourself but you cannot change the rest of the world. Hey but that’s the thing, if we didn’t have those other folks we probably wouldn’t have a lot to work on in our own lives and who wants to be the last man standing? Not me. If there was no one else we probably wouldn’t have all that stuff swishing around in our heads anyway. Stuff like how we will be perceived or why he/she did that and the effects of it. If you think about it, it’s pretty obvious that we are all here to learn from each other. If we are spending our time trying to wish someone to another planet you can count on the fact that this person we are wishing away was placed in our path to hold up a mirror smack dab in our faces. I’ll admit most of the time my first urge is gonna be to wish them to another planet but hey wait, that’s why I have this blog, you know, cause I want to work out stuff and I want to help others do the same by sharing.

So what? Well, since you asked. I’m working hard on my not wishing folks off the planet skills. This change could not have come at a harder time being a Blue state minded gal in a flaming Red state. Now here we are, just after the election, when a good chunk of folks have decided to sign petitions to secede from the US. I’m gonna have to really step up my game but I can feel the stepping up happening more everyday. I’m actually learning that our opinions don’t mean much more than picking out a new winter coat. Is there a wrong coat to pick? Not really. Get me? I’m just knocking it all off my shoulders right and left as I go and moving forward with far less firm foot planting. I’m trying to unlearn what I told myself I was and just be like the wind. If you want to float on the breeze with me, I’ll be happy to have ya.

Comments

Popular Posts