sparkle thoughts

I just had a huge light bulb moment that I hope will stay with me forever. I was reading
A Course in Miracles Made Easy: Mastering the Journey from Fear to Love and I read something that had never occurred to me. I don't believe a lot of religious dogma but I do believe we all have a soul. I believe that that our soul is the part of us that bears witness to how we go through life living either in fear or love. It is the thing that whispers to us in the form of intuition when knowledge is needed. The soul is who we really are lifetime after lifetime. What we see as our self is not part of what makes up our soul. It is our earth body needed to live out our existence in flesh. Our soul is what watches it happen. So, saying that, that I believe in the soul, here is what I learned today from this book. 

When we experience a negative emotion it is not real. The negative emotion can only be felt by the body in flesh. The soul would never experience a negative emotion. So, in essence anything negative that we can feel is not real and cannot effect our existence as soul. 

What effect can this knowledge have on our everyday life? We can learn to see that anything that is not of soul is fear. Anything that fulfills love is soul. If it is not love then it is fear. If it is fear we should let it go. If it is love we should lift it up.

Here is the passage from the book I'm referring to: 

"You further attest to the reality of sin and its effects when you feel guilty for the pain or sorrow you believe you have caused others. “I screwed up my child because I was an alcoholic.” “When I cheated on my husband, I caused him irreparable pain.” “My parents paid for my college education so I could become a doctor, and now I feel awful because all I want to do is be an actor.” We have all felt hurt by plenty of people and incidents, and we all feel guilty about hurting others. While all of these sufferings seem very real and justifiable, A Course in Miracles teaches that your true Self, and the true Self of any other person, runs far deeper than the self that experiences pain. “Whatever suffers is not part of me” No matter what mistakes you have made or others have made against you, your inner being remains perfectly intact, impervious to human error. It was not the act that hurt, but your interpretation of the act. Just as you chose an interpretation that hurts, you can choose one that heals. “I can elect to change all thoughts that hurt”


Cohen, Alan (2015-10-27). A Course in Miracles Made Easy: Mastering the Journey from Fear to Love (p. 30). Hay House, Inc.. Kindle Edition. 

I love that. It says more than a full set of encyclopedias ever could.

Let Peace Go With You.

Popular Posts