EqUaL BuT EqUaL

Every time we gather and look to the women to cater to all the needs of others while the men lounge unaffected, that's a loss.Times are different folks. We are all grown people and should recognize that it's no more a woman's job than a man's.

If I go into a home where the women are all working and the men are lounging, I'm gonna lounge too. I'm not buying what's on sale. I know that there are task that are easier for one sex than the other but we can all wash a plate. We can all plate fruit and cheese. We can all clean the house. Don't expect anything of me. I'll not be meeting your expectations today.

A tiny bit of me dies when I hear people talk about how lazy the woman is in a home that's not clean when there's also a man living there. It is no more her responsibility than his.

I'll take up a commode and change the seal out. I'll take out an old faucet and replace it with a new one. I'll run a pressure washer, I run the hedge trimmer. I can do what we think of as dude stuff. I like to do a lot of it. In our home we trade out. No one is expected to perform based on gender. We both do what is needed.

I'm always going to write about equality here. It's just what I do. We are all equal. Maybe not equal in strength and endurance but equal none the less. If you want to see the strength of a woman, watch her give birth to a child. You will see strength beyond compare.

If you are a man reading this and you've not treated women as your equal start now. It will change your life.

If you are a woman reading this who has allowed herself to be treated less than men, hand him the broom and go sit down and prop your feet. You've probably be deserving of it for a long time. It will change your life.

Go over and read what Liz Morrow wrote about letting your tatas fly. Then if you are where you can, go outside with a cold Woodchuck Gumption, grab a seat and get some wind on those girls. 

Popular Posts