What The Coyote Says

This past week was a lesson week for me. I love when life just hands you a lesson. If you are awake enough you can see them when they come and sometimes they are around every corner.

For the second time in under a month I had a meal with people who engaged in conversation that could be perceived as racist and also in this instance, transphobic. I had prolonged moments of a hardened heart, a wrenching gut and such tightness in my chest from trying to hold in all I wanted to say but couldn't given the situation.

It wasn't lost on me that this had happened twice and that both times were over food. What are the chances, really? I started to think about how these things had repeated and in practically the same way. I knew that there must be a lesson in there I wasn't seeing.

You know what else happened to me twice this month? I saw a coyote. I saw one cross the road on the way to the creek. At another time I saw one laying dead along the side of the road. Both these times B was with me but he didn't see the live one. I told him we should look this up to see what the significance of spotting this elusive animal meant. I finally did my search and here is what I found:

If the coyote spirit animal crosses your way, you may be encouraged to not take things too seriously. Perhaps you need to lighten up or change your perspective about an issue or matter that has been on your mind for a while.

I get it universe. You can stop putting me in these situations. I can see now that what other people say or believe is not a challenge for me to help them. It's a challenge for me to help myself. If I can sit through these things unaffected then I've gained something that I want everyone to have. That thing is acceptance. It's a lesson I've learned many times over in my life and each time I hope it's the last time. I am not here to teach lessons, I'm here to learn them. All other souls are here for their own purpose. They are learning what they are here to learn and are healing what they need to heal and I don't get to be the judge of that. When we can all see this clearly we will be on the meeting grounds of brotherhood, where the sun shines down love and the sky radiates with compassion. This will usher in the next Golden Age.

Comments

Popular Posts