Music

My grandparents, George and Lucille, taught me to love music in their living room with an old Hi-Fi and an album collection that included Jim Nabors, Jerry Wallace and Johnny Rodriguez. I don't remember my life without the soundtrack they gave it. In fact, I still have the soundtrack they gave it. Grandmother gave me all those albums I listened to growing up before she died. I could not treasure them more than I do.

Since those early days of listening to records on the old Hi-Fi I've added a few more albums to the collection that I love so much. At our house we don't listen to mainstream music. It's fine if you do. I just like discovering music for myself and sharing it with other folks.

Let me leave you with a soundtrack that you might use on a day when the sun is in the sky just right, the wind is mild and you have a good place to prop your feet up. It's a little like this:

Willie Watson - Mexican Cowboy

Shakey Graves - Roll The Bones

Kasey Chambers - A Little Bit Lonesome

Allison Moore - Softer Place to Fall

Anderson East - Expiration Date

Holly Williams - Waiting on June

Pokey Lafarge - What the Rain Will Bring

The Devil Makes Three - Stranger

Hayes Carll - Another Like You

Patty Griffin - Long Ride Home

Shovels and Rope - Gasoline

Steeldrivers - Where Rainbows Never Die

The Tallest Man on Earth - Where do my Bluebird Fly

The Wood Brothers - That's What Angels Can Do

Vintage Trouble - Gracefully

Comments

Popular Posts