A Blog Post You Must Read

tumblr_mcgmx6VmjU1r9x9qio1_500

I have been following the blog/life of Suelo for a few years now. There is a book out called The Man Who Quit Money and Suelo is that man. Here is a little nugget to get you up to speed.

In the autumn of 2000, Daniel Suelo deposited his life savings—all thirty dollars of it – in a phone booth. He has lived without money ever since. And he has never felt so free, or so much at peace. “My wealth never leaves me,” he says. “Worrying about what could or should happen is a worse illness than what could or should happen.”

When I first started following his blog I sent him a message to let him know why I wasn’t fully on board with his “madness.” In that message I essentially said that even though he says he doesn’t use money, in a round about way he does because he uses the money of others when he sleeps on their couch or eats their food. He quickly got back to me and explained. I can’t quote what he said but it was something along the lines of, in an ideal world we’d all live without money and we would share (skills, food, etc) to survive but we don’t live that way and because of that his way of life is at the mercy of the money system even though he denounces it. That made sense to me and I’ve read everything he has written since without question.

Now the reason for giving you this info is to encourage you all to go read his latest post titled Why Religion?. It is my favorite of all his writings. He masterfully molded and shaped words into a perfect masterpiece. Please go check it out.

Comments

Popular Posts